Thanks for becoming a TAHC&H Advocate! Until you receive the next action alert via email, we have laid out some easy ways to put advocacy in action below. We hope you tell your coworkers to sign up as a TAHC&H Advocate as well!
1) Know the names of your state and federal legislators. Find them here, print it out and post somewhere you will see often (like at your desk)!
2) Reach out to your legislative offices. Call the district offices of your member of Congress, state representative, and state senator, then introduce yourself as a constituent and offer to be a resource on health care issues.
3) Watch free webinars to learn strategies to have effective meetings with office holders.
Webinar by Congress Avenue Partners and Akin Gump
Webinar by the Congressional Management Foundation
4) Sign up for email newsletters from legislative offices, state agencies and candidate campaigns. These will keep you current on the political climate, policy priorities and events across Texas.
5) Attend a campaign event, town hall, or other community events where your legislator will be. Legislators often hold town halls, coffee breaks, or maintain office hours in order to stay engaged with constituents. On the campaign trail, candidates often attend several events a day including fundraisers, block walking or phone banking with campaign volunteers, and other community events.
6) Follow your elected officials on Twitter and Facebook. Retweet any pro healthcare or home health tweets! Try @TAHCH and @TAHCH_PAC also! #goodjob